Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quote of the Week #3

So, I'm aware of the fact that I'm quite a bit behind scedule with this post, but in the last few days I've been in some kind of a no-reading-phase. Instead I've been watching some great anime series. But now I'm feeling like doing this, so here it is, this week's quote:

"I'm not sure what you are, Tavia. Or how you can be what you seem to be. I've never seen anything like you. No one has. What you are is... impossible."
"Great." She made a strangled sound in the back of her throat. "So, I'm a monster. Even by your standards."
 from "Darker After Midnight" by Lara Adrian


I love Lara Adrian's "Midnight Breed" series. It's one of my favorite paranormal romance series and this book was one of my personal highlights.
I recently reread the books #10, #9, #8, #7 and #4 (in this order, I just tend to reread series in reverse) and it somehow feels like these books are getting better every time I revisit Lara Adrian's captivating world.
The quote I chose was part of an incredibly powerful scene in the last installment of the series. I love the intensity of it and how Lara Adrian made me feel the heroines desperation and anger. If you don't know the series or haven't read this book yet, you should definitely check it out. Like I said, it's fabulous!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment